Home Is Where The Heart Is
Tina’s long association with ’33’ continues with this long awaited collaboration between Tina and one of Europe’s greatest pianists, the incomparable Enrico Pieranunzi.
The album features several well-known Pieranunzi compositions that are given lyrics by Tina – including to Chet Baker’s original solo on Pieranunzi’s ‘Night Bird’, that the pianist recorded with Baker in the 1970’s.
On two numbers, ‘Night Bird’ and Ellington’s ‘Day Dream’, the Duo are joined by the wonderful Tony Coe on soprano saxophone.
“‘Home Is Where The Heart Is’ plays with the concept of mother tongue…..it ventures out into new territory and experience. So precise is the writing and so intuitive the performance that every song finds its way home, in the deepest way.” Brian Morton
featuring: Tina May – Vocals
Enrico Pieranunzi – Piano
Tony Coe – Saxophone
- Don’t forget the Poet, Please (Don’t forget the Poet) – Pieranunzi / May
- A Nameless Gate – Pieranunzi
- The Night Bird (Night Bird) – Pieranunzi / May
- With Every Smile of Yours (O! Le Feu dans tes Yeux) – Pieranunzi / May
- Within the Hush of Night (Within the House of Night) – Pieranunzi / May
- I Took Your Hand in Mine (Fellini’s Waltz) – Pieranunzi / Feather
- Day Dream – Ellington / Strayhorn
- Home Is Where the Heart Is (Distance from Departure) – Pieranunzi / May
- This Is New – Weill / Gershwin